Yeah, I agree. I should be getting to bed sooner, because I can't seem to kick this head cold and whatever else is going on! Always seems like there is something else to do!
Love the birds, Judy! This is new to me, too. I got a lot out of the reading this week. I didn't realize that blogs were not just someone writing about what s/he did in a day! I see now how many great ways a blog can be used, especially in the educational setting.
I'm off to our district-wide Battle of the Books contest - our Gastineau kids are so excited. Is there Battle of the Books in MT?
There is not a Battle of the Books in Montana. Exactly what does it entail? It sounds intriguing! Julie was on her way there yesterday, too. I thought of blogs as a place where writers could post their writing to share it and for critiquing.
So how did your team do? Or did you have a team competing? I like blogging more than tweeting. Maybe because I am not so good at limiting myself to 140 characters.
All the teams did well. Gastineau's (Paige) 3rd/4th team came in a close second, and my 3rd/4th team came in 3rd. Harborview's (my library) 5th grade team tied for 2nd. Students did amazingly well this year- all around. I wonder if we could use a blog to discuss the battle books next year? Paige, what do you think - maybe we could pilot it with our 5th grade classes. Gastineau and Harborview students blogging together.
Never heard of Battle of the Books. Would like to know more about it. I like that so many of us are venturing into blogging for the first time together! It is fun and the readings did really help answer some questions. Is there anything other than late night for those of us working and going to school (not to mention all the other stuff!)?
I agree, late nights seems to be the name of the game for us with our busy life styles. Usually I don't mind, but I just don't seem to be able to stay healthy this winter.
I have no previous experience with RSS. It was pretty easy to set up with Anne's great directions to follow. I like the idea of being able to categorize and collect articles that are relevant to me into one folder to read through at my own pace. I also like the idea that the aggregator can sort through articles looking for specific keywords. It seems like it will take some time to figure out all these features. I can see where it could get out of hand and I would add too many sites and it would be too overwhelming. It would pay to take the time to filter through a site carefully following the book's checklist to see if it is trustworthy and that it has the information that I am looking for in a useable format.
I always work better late at night, but tonight the brain is tired....I hope this turns out and makes sense!
ReplyDeleteGood start!
ReplyDeleteLate nights seem like the trend these days. Love the title.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I agree. I should be getting to bed sooner, because I can't seem to kick this head cold and whatever else is going on! Always seems like there is something else to do!
DeleteLove the birds, Judy! This is new to me, too. I got a lot out of the reading this week. I didn't realize that blogs were not just someone writing about what s/he did in a day! I see now how many great ways a blog can be used, especially in the educational setting.
ReplyDeleteI'm off to our district-wide Battle of the Books contest - our Gastineau kids are so excited. Is there Battle of the Books in MT?
There is not a Battle of the Books in Montana. Exactly what does it entail? It sounds intriguing! Julie was on her way there yesterday, too. I thought of blogs as a place where writers could post their writing to share it and for critiquing.
DeleteDespite my confusion, I am having a good time, figuring this all out.
ReplyDeleteI am also off to the Battle of the Books Contest - May the best team win!
So how did your team do? Or did you have a team competing? I like blogging more than tweeting. Maybe because I am not so good at limiting myself to 140 characters.
DeleteAll the teams did well. Gastineau's (Paige) 3rd/4th team came in a close second, and my 3rd/4th team came in 3rd. Harborview's (my library) 5th grade team tied for 2nd. Students did amazingly well this year- all around.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if we could use a blog to discuss the battle books next year? Paige, what do you think - maybe we could pilot it with our 5th grade classes. Gastineau and Harborview students blogging together.
Congratulations on your teams successes. So what is the Battle of the Books? I have not heard from Paige yet.
DeleteNever heard of Battle of the Books. Would like to know more about it.
ReplyDeleteI like that so many of us are venturing into blogging for the first time together! It is fun and the readings did really help answer some questions.
Is there anything other than late night for those of us working and going to school (not to mention all the other stuff!)?
I agree, late nights seems to be the name of the game for us with our busy life styles. Usually I don't mind, but I just don't seem to be able to stay healthy this winter.
DeleteI have no previous experience with RSS. It was pretty easy to set up with Anne's great directions to follow. I like the idea of being able to categorize and collect articles that are relevant to me into one folder to read through at my own pace. I also like the idea that the aggregator can sort through articles looking for specific keywords. It seems like it will take some time to figure out all these features. I can see where it could get out of hand and I would add too many sites and it would be too overwhelming. It would pay to take the time to filter through a site carefully following the book's checklist to see if it is trustworthy and that it has the information that I am looking for in a useable format.
Delete